MOBI – Travel however you want!
Our vision for the future is simple and especially flexible use of various, environmentally friendly means of transport. That’s why we created MOBI, a system of services that encourage citizens of and visitors to Dresden to use various means of transport flexibly, and choose local public transport services more frequently.
Stay flexible and choose spontaneously. We take care of everything else.
Travel however you want! With MOBI – a DVB service in cooperation with local partners. Guaranteed flexibility. Wherever you want to go, in sunshine, rain or snow – we offer the best service, guaranteed. By pooling multimodal services, we cleverly link rail and buses, bike and car sharing and electric vehicle charging stations. This makes it easy to choose the perfect means of transport and lets users reach their destinations in an individual, quick and especially environmentally friendly way.
Everything on point
It’s easy to switch between the services at the MOBIpunkt (Mobility Point) stations. They are always right beside a tram or bus stop. As part of European Mobility Week, we opened the first Mobility Point at Pirnaischer Platz on 21 September 2018. We aim to establish an extensive network of mobility points in Dresden. Over 50 MOBIpunkt stations will have been completed by 2022.
You can find all MOBIpoints at a glance here.
Everything in one app
The MOBIapp – powered by moovel – gives customers a user-friendly and innovative app that lets them search for, book and pay for tram and bus routes and MOBIbikes. The app also shows teilAuto shared cars.
Simple registration, an intuitive user interface and multiple payment methods.
It has never been easier to travel Dresden using multiple means of transport! Just download MOBI from the App Store or Google Play, and you’re ready to go. You don’t need to register until you want to book a local public transport ticket or a MOBIbike. You can register, including inputting all the details required, in the app, or by e-mail without a password. Alternatively, you can also use a Facebook or Google account. Once you save your payment details you can pay all providers easily via your profile. All providers send their bills straight to your smartphone – helping you keep an overview of your costs.
MOBI – the multimodal mobility app:
- Find route connections quickly & easily
- Local public transport timetable information
- Book and pay for local public transport in the Verkehrsverbund Oberelbe transport network
- Book and pay for MOBIbikes
- Find available teilAuto vehicles nearby (book and pay using the teilAuto website/app)
MOBI is for people who think of the future.
Urban living is characterised by growing populations and increasing traffic levels. Multimodal mobility increases quality of life and helps protect the environment. MOBI makes these visions a reality, bringing the future of mobility to Dresden.
Rail and bus travel
We move Dresden – with railways, buses, cable railways and ferries, and take you to almost every corner of the city reliably, 24 hours a day, generally every 10 minutes during the day. Tickets are available at many stops, in our rail vehicles and, for maximum convenience, in our official DVB mobil app – which includes a route planner, real-time departures, disruption notifications and an interactive map.
For example, you can continue your rail and bus journey on rental bicycles, getting you to your destination faster. We launched a new bike sharing system with our partner nextbike on 17 August 2020. You can explore Dresden around the clock on the 1,000 brand-new, bright yellow rental bikes – MOBIbikes.
How to rent a bike:
- Register for free in the nextbike app or on www.nextbike.de, create a user account and enter a valid payment method. By the way, our regular customers can rent bikes without registering in the app. All they have to do is tap the back of the bicycle with their subscription ticket. The frame lock opens automatically.
- Choose a bike, scan the QR code or enter the bike number in the app and confirm your rental. The frame lock opens automatically.
- Jump on and cycle away.
- To return the bike without additional charges, bring it to a MOBIpunkt, an official MOBIbike return street or station. Alternatively, you can leave the bike in the Flexzone for an additional charge of € 1.00. To return a bike, just close the frame lock. The bike is returned automatically.
More information on bike sharing.
Planning a big shop for the weekend or the next party? Or visiting relatives and friends outside the city? Or taking an extended family break with everything you need? Sometimes, you just need the individual freedom a car gives you, and nothing else will do. That’s why MOBIcar is the perfect solution. Together with our partner teilAuto, we offer over 300 vehicles at over 200 car sharing stations throughout the city. Users can book cars by the hour or for multiple days, and fill the cars cash-free with a fuel card, while teilAuto pays the bill. The rates also include parking costs and motor vehicle tax.
How to rent a car:
- Register on www.mobi-dresden.de/car, create a customer account and wait for approval.
- Book an available vehicle at a MOBIpunkt or teilAuto station in the teilAuto app, online or by phone.
- You can open the car easily with your teilAuto customer card or the teilAuto app
- To return the car, please bring it back to the car sharing station where you picked it up. Use the app or customer card to lock it.
More information on car sharing.
Users of electric bikes or cars have to plan when and where they can recharge their batteries. MOBI is enhancing the network of electric charging stations in Dresden. More Information here
How to get your power:
- Please follow the instructions at each charging station.
- You can pay by charging card (RFID cards with eRoaming function) or the e-charging app.
The ‘E-Charging’ app is available free of charge for Android and iOS. An integrated map shows all available charging stations, and a navigation feature helps you find the chosen charger. Users are billed either directly via their mobile phone contract or prepaid credit – or alternatively by credit card, Paypal or direct debit.
You can also charge the vehicle via an RFID chip – generally in card or key fob form. Condition: Your RFID chip provider is connected to DREWAG’s/SachsenEnergie’s IT system. Charging via RFID chip is billed directly via the company that issued the chip, at the associated rates.
Advantages for subscription customers
Do you have a DVB subscription? Regular travellers enjoy many benefits from our Partners nextbike and teilAuto.
MOBIbike offers special low rates for bicycles: Your first 30 minutes are free! From the 31st minute, you save no less than 50 percent compared with the standard fare.
DVB subscriber rates with MOBIbike:
- Your first 30 minutes are free
- Each additional 30 minute period: € 1.00
- 24 hours = € 15.00
More information here.
Of October 2020, you can enjoy double benefits with the MOBIcar rate for DVB subscribers!
DVB subscriber rates with MOBIcar:
As a regular DVB customer, you pay
- No deposit
- No starting price and
- No monthly base fee!
More information here.
Construction of our mobility points is made possible in part by financial support from the National Climate Initiative of the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and the German Federal Ministry of Economic Affairs and Energy’s DatenTanken programme.
The European Commission’s MAtchUP project awarded Dresden a leading role as a ‘Lighthouse City’ for sustainable smart city solutions in Germany and Europe. The Economic Development Office coordinates the project, bringing together key partners from the business, research and administrative sectors. The key aspects involved in overcoming the challenge of climate change and the transport transition are energy, digitalisation and mobility.
Questions and ideas?
Please reach out to us directly at: email@example.com