Coronavirus: Information and what we are doing
As of 16 January 2023, the obligation to wear a mask in local public transport will no longer apply in Saxony. Wearing a medical mouth and nose covering is nevertheless still recommended in accordance with the amended Saxon Corona Protection Ordinance.
Even though masks are no longer compulsory, we ask all passengers to observe the hygiene rules. The risk of infection in our vehicles is no greater than a visit to the supermarket and anyone who takes a few basic rules to heart need have no fears about travelling with us.
The safety of the public, passengers and our employees is a top priority for us.
What we’re doing
- We clean our trams, buses, ferries, hillside railways and ticket machines daily and professionally. We carefully wipe down regularly touched areas, such as poles and doors.
- The ticket sale in buses is suspended. Our newest buses have a ticket machine.
What you can do
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Buy your ticket in our App DVB mobil or at ticket machines.